Using Blockchain Ltd ("Using Blockchain Ltd", “Using Blockchain”, "UBC Digital", “we”, “us”) provides an UBC Digital suite of technologies to publishers for use on their websites (“UBC Digital Tools”). UBC Digital Tools provide website owners with the capability to engage users of their websites with social networks and other destinations via a browser plug-in or website plug-in. With UBC Digital Tools, publishers can (i) enable users to share, follow, view, recommend and interact with the publisher’s content, and (ii) collect information from those users as a result of their visit. The UBC Digital Tools are available for download through UBC.Digital or through selected third party sites.
- attendees of Using Blockchain Ltd-sponsored events;
- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- subscribers to UBC Digital Magazine; and
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company;
- data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the UBC Digital Sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site; and
- CEO name linked to the CEO’s company information and activities (for certain Using Blockchain Ltd services relating to public company information and activity).
Please note that Using Blockchain Ltd does not control the content that you may post to UBC Digital Communities forums or social networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Using Blockchain Ltd;
- to deliver functionality on UBC Digital Sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for Using Blockchain Ltd products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security of our sites, networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to administer subscriptions of UBC Digital Magazine; and
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests.
We may also use the names of company CEOs to provide select services to Using Blockchain Ltd customers which may include publicly-available information regarding names of company CEOs.
UBC Digital Data can be shared globally throughout Using Blockchain Ltd organization for business purposes, as specified in Section 2.2. Using Blockchain Ltd employees and representatives are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to perform their job functions.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Using Blockchain Ltd;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- UBC Digital Magazine distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising.
Using Blockchain Ltd maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for an UBC Digital Sites account, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. Your account and account information will be deleted if you do not log in for 18 consecutive months. Using Blockchain Ltd retains records of that deletion for 90 days.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, including UBC Digital Magazine, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists. Using Blockchain Ltd retains records of that deletion for 30 days.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on UBC Digital Sites or offline from our interactions with you at events and conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if (i) you have interacted with Using Blockchain Ltd or updated your contact details and preferences in the past 18 months; and (ii) you have not made a deletion request.
- If you have reached out to us via Using Blockchain Ltd Sales chat, we will delete all chat transcripts 90 days after the chat has concluded.
- If you have reached out to us via our support line and you have not opted out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 60 days after the call has concluded unless otherwise specified during the call.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Using Blockchain Ltd.
- Delete personal information You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
- AdTech Industry Opt-out. You may also opt out of third party sharing or selling by the UBC Digital Cloud by using the opt-out tools provided by the following industry groups:
- Do Not Track. Using Blockchain Ltd honors “Do Not Track” browser settings, meaning we will not track your browser for marketing purposes while you have “Do Not Track” turned on in your browser settings.
Please note that if you opt out using the first two opt out tools, you may still temporarily receive marketing due to marketing campaigns already underway. However, you will be opted-out of all future marketing campaigns that use the UBC Digital Data. Also note that the first two opt out tools are currently cookie-based and prevent Using Blockchain Ltd from using, sharing, or selling your personal information for interest-based advertising on the browser on which they are installed. As a result, the opt out will only function if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies and may not function where cookies are sometimes automatically disabled or removed (e.g., certain mobile devices and operating systems). If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt out again. Using Blockchain Ltd does not use persistent, unique identifiers to revive a previously opted-out profile or deleted cookie. Access personal information In order to exercise your right to access your online information, you can use the UBC Digital Data Registry (“Registry”) to view the online segments Using Blockchain Ltd has associated with your device. By accessing this Registry, you can view the types of third-party interest segments that are shared with or sold to Using Blockchain Ltd customers. Please note that the interest segments you see within the Registry is information about you from the profile associated with the specific browser, computer or device that you are using to visit the Registry. You may see different segments when viewing the Registry from a different browser, computer or device. We therefore recommend using different browsers and devices when accessing the Registry. Delete personal information You can erase or delete the UBC Digital Data Using Blockchain Ltd is processing about your device or remove segments in the Registry by opting out of Using Blockchain Ltd services using the opt-out tool.